Jameson - the smoothest spirit this Christmas
by Evan Davis - Friday November 21, 2008 1:17 pm
With a winter chill in the air thoughts turn to the festive season, and this Christmas, Jameson Irish Whiskey is the spirit of choice for anyone looking for a more discerning drink.
Boasting a rich heritage, and with celebrity fans including Kings of Leon, Alex Zane and Alex Turner, triple distilled Jameson is the perfect accompaniment to all this year’s festivities. Versatile, sophisticated, and playful – enjoy smooth tasting Jameson straight up, with a simple mixer or as a refreshing cocktail.
While perfect partnered with ginger ale, coke or lemonade, Jameson is also the key ingredient in many delicious cocktails. Impress your friends with a mouth-watering Mule – a tantalising combination of Jameson, lime and ginger beer.
17.5mls fresh lime juice
200mls Ginger beer or ginger ale
17.5mls sugar syrup (optional)
Method: Fill a tall glass with ice. Add all ingredients and garnish with a wedge of lime
Established in 1780 at the famous John Jameson Distillery in Dublin, Jameson Irish Whiskey is a premium triple distilled whiskey with aromatic flavours of sherry, spice and toasted wood. Notably smoother than other whiskeys, its character remains true to the Pot Still whiskey tradition laid down by John Jameson in the 18th century, helping establish Jameson as the world’s no.1 selling Irish whiskey today.
More by this writer
- Loukoumades Weekend at White City Place
- El Pirata Mayfair Celebrates the World Cup with New Spanish Delicacies and Wines
- Wright Brothers Battersea Power Station Offer Seafood Treats Galore at London Seafood Festival
- Castilla y Leon promotes its gastronomy and wines in London
- Taste Of London Comes Together With World Class To Offer The Food And Drink Experiences Of The Summer