Whoopie for the Whoopie-Pie!
by Sabrina Ghayour - Tuesday December 1, 2009 2:30 am
The Whoopie Pie is divine cake-like sandwich has already taken America by storm, where they are flying off the shelves at speciality shops and bakeries up and down the country. This week, The Whoopie Pie makes its British debut at Harrods and having had an exclusive taster, I can tell you that they are every bit as scrumptious as they look.
Each ‘pie’ comprises of two delicious sponge pillows filled with homemade buttercream and topped with various different edible adornments and they come in 4 mouth-watering flavours;
- The ‘Classic’, a heady mix of dark chocolate cakes, vanilla cream and sparkly couture
- Seasonal ‘Pumpkin’ slightly spicy and adorned with chocolate and mini polka dots
- The ‘Pistachio’ extravaganza featuring green fondant icing and finished with edible glitter and silver balls
- The ‘Red Velvet’ made with chocolate cakes, peanut butter cream and burgundy fondant, topped with sugar hearts
These delightful little cakes are the perfect treat for any occasion and watch out as they may even over take the nations passion for cupcakes! So get down to Harrods and fight your way through to the crowds to lay yours hands on your open personal Whoopie Pie. They are a great alternative to the usual boring cake and just in time for Christmas, what more could you want from Santa? Whoopie!!!!!!
Harrods - 87 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7RB
Tel: 020 7730 1234 www.harrods.com
More by this writer
- Oblix West Give You Back Your Lunch Hour
- Berber & Q Throws ‘Mechoui Alley’ Party To Celebrate The Launch Of Josh Katz’s Debut Cookbook
- The Hind’s Head to launch All-Star Guest Chef Series
- ROKA Canary Wharf launches ‘ROKA Summer Terrace Sessions’ in partnership with CÎROC vodka
- Ichiba To Open In Westfield