Halloumi and Roast Vegetable ‘Doorstep’ Sandwich
by Chef Foode - Thursday May 12, 2016 5:05 pm
A truly English affair, well apart from the Halloumi, what better way to celebrate Sandwich Week? With salty halloumi, soft roasted vegetables and creamy mayonnaise, celebrate Sandwich Week with this recipe from Hellmann’s.
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large courgette, sliced diagonally
- 1 small aubergine, sliced
- 2 peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 250g pack halloumi cheese, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough or rustic-style bread
- 4 tbsp Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 handfuls rocket
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together the thyme, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and garlic in a large bowl. Add the courgette, aubergine, peppers and red onion, tossing gently to mix.
- Preheat a chargrill pan, grill or barbecue. Cook the vegetables for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender. Allow them to cool slightly while cooking the sliced halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Spread the slices of bread with Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise. Top with the rocket, warm vegetables and halloumi cheese.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, then serve.