Curry spiced boneless Shoulder of Welsh Lamb
by Chef Foode - Tuesday August 29, 2017 9:08 am
This coming Friday is the start of Love Lamb Week (1st – 7th September), so here's a delicious recipe from Welsh Lamb
Calories 409 kcals
Cooking Time 120 mins
½ lean shoulder of Welsh lamb
15ml (1tbsp) oil
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
400g (approx) can chopped tomatoes
300ml (½pt) stock
15ml (1tbsp) ground cumin *
2.5ml (½tsp) cayenne pepper *
15ml (1tbsp) turmeric *
5ml (1tsp) ground ginger *
*or use a 33g sachet of Bombay Potato dry mix
4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
½ cauliflower, cut into large florets
6 small carrots, peeled or scrubbed
¼ swede, peeled and cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F.
- In a large non-stick wok or saucepan, heat oil and fry lamb shoulder until browned. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, vegetables, stock and spices. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer in preheated oven for 2-2½ hours until meat is soft and tender.
- Pull meat from the bone and serve in large chunks.
- Serve with Indian style vegetables, rice and naan bread.