Royal China’s Chicken & Chive Dumpling
by Chef Foode - Thursday August 10, 2017 4:08 pm
The chefs at Royal China reveal their exclusive recipe for the most authentic Chicken & Chive Dumplings.
300g Ground Chicken
200g Shelled fresh shrimps
½ a bunch of finely chopped Chinese garlic chives
1 Garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp Chinese Shao Shing wine
1 tbsp Light soy sauce
½ tsp Freshly grated ginger
½ tsp Ground dried shrimp
1 pinch Sugar
1 ½ tsp Sesame oil
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Ground white pepper
4 Shu-mei wrappers (Wonton Skin)
- Whip by hand all of the filling ingredients until they are fully combined and hold together.
- Place a dollop of the filling in the centre of each wrapper and bring up the corners to form a little "money bag." Leave the top open so that you can see some of the filling.
- Blanch the whole chives in very hot water tap water. Then tie a chive around the neck of each dumpling so that it looks like it is wearing a little green belt.
- Steam the dumplings in an oiled bamboo steamer for 15 minutes, in a steaming wok.
- Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.
The Royal China Group consists of six of London’s most authentic and prestigious Chinese restaurants, including the luxurious and critically-acclaimed Royal China Club. Based in prime areas of London, the restaurants are centrally located on Baker Street, as well as in Bayswater, Fulham, Harrow-on-the-Hill and Canary Wharf.