Authentic Peking Duck Pancakes
by Chef Foode - Thursday February 16, 2017 5:02 pm
Below, the chefs at Royal China reveal their exclusive recipe for the most authentic and delicious Peking Duck Pancakes.
2 Duck Breasts
3 Shallots - sliced
3 Spring Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1Tsp Maltose Sugar
2 Tbsp Vinegar
3 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Fry the shallots, spring onion and garlic in a pan and heavily salt
- Marinate the duck breasts with the fried ingredients
- Mix the maltose sugar with vinegar and hot water, and pour on the skin
- Place the duck into a barbeque cooker until cooked
- Baste the skin of the duck with hot oil until it is golden brown and crispy
For the Pancakes:
Slice the duck breast into slender strips, and place meat in a pancake with sliced spring onion, cucumbers and a dollop of plum sauce. Wrap and enjoy!
The Royal China Group consists of six of London’s most authentic and prestigious Chinese restaurants, including the luxurious and critically-acclaimed Royal China Club. Based in prime areas of London, the restaurants are centrally located on Baker Street, as well as in Bayswater, Fulham, Harrow-on-the-Hill and Canary Wharf.