Pure Leaf is a new range of expertly crafted, ethically sourced long leaf teas, which are simply picked, rolled and dried to provide an authentic tea experience.
With ten distinctive varieties, the new line of loose and pyramid bagged teas are crafted for an exceptional taste, using some of the highest quality ingredients. The range launches with ten varieties in either pyramid tea bags or loose leaf.
Madeleine Shaw has collaborated with Pure Leaf to create a delicious Thai green tea curry poached noodle soup, using Pure Leaf’s fragrant Green Tea with Jasmine.
- 150g of soba noodles
- 4 bags of Pure Leaf Green Tea With Jasmine
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of green Thai curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 450ml of chicken stock
- 300g of chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 100g of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander
- 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Boil 500ml of water in the kettle to 80 C.
- Place four Pure Leaf Green Tea with Jasmine tea bags in a large pot and pour the boiling water over the top. Allow this to sit for 3 minutes then remove the tea bags.
- Bring the water to a simmer. Wash the soba noodles to remove the starch and place them in the water.
- Cook for 8 minutes or as the pack instructions suggests then remove from the boiling water and place in a bowl of cold water. Wash the noodles so that it removes the starch and they don’t stick together.
- Wash the pan out and use the same pan to heat the coconut oil. Once melted add the curry paste and stir for one minute.
- Add in the chicken, stir until brown then pour in the coconut milk, stock, peppers, and mushrooms, cook for 10 minutes then add in the noodles, fish sauce and tamari.
- Cook for 3 more minutes then serve with the fresh lime juice and wedges, fresh chilli and coriander on top.