Basa with Korean BBQ Sauce, with a Spicy Quinoa Salad
by Chef Foode - Friday January 5, 2018 3:01 pm
This tasty, low-cal dinner is ideal to kick start at healthy January!
- 2 basa fillets
- 100 grams of quinoa
- 400ml of boiling water
- Yellow pepper, sliced
- Green pepper, sliced
- Half a chilli, finely sliced, deseeded
- Pomegranate seeds
- Lemon juice for drizzling
- Parsley, to sprinkle
For the Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- Teaspoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 255g cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- Tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- Small thumb of ginger
- ½ tablespoon of sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180C and cook your basa fillets for 15 minutes, or until fully heated.
- Rinse the quinoa and then add it to a medium saucepan, along with the water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- Remove from the heat after approximately 15 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed. Let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes, then fluff.
- In a large serving bowl, add you green and red peppers, sliced chilli, pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of lemon juice. Add your quinoa once cooled and mix well.
- Serve out the quinoa salad and then place the basa fillets on top, adding a sprinkling of parsley.
To make the sauce:
- Combine the light soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, and seasoning together in a pan. Mix and then bring to boil.
- Whisk your cornstarch and water in a measuring jug, until the cornstarch dissolves and then add to the boiling pan, reducing the heat. Cook until the sauce is a thick consistency, for around 4/5 minutes.
TOP TIP: For fuss free fish and sauce, straight from the freezer, try The Saucy Fish Co.’s new Basa with Asian BBQ Sauce. At JUST 124 calories per serving, it’s the perfect dinnertime treat for a healthy January. Available in Tesco nationwide.