Bruno Loubet and Cyrus Todiwala OBE to host an Autumn Feast at Grain Store on Monday 5th October 2015
by Newsdesk - Monday September 21, 2015 3:09 pm
Bruno Loubet and Grain Store - the London restaurant that gives the vegetable equal billing to meat and fish – are getting ready to host a special Autumnal Feast in collaboration with Cyrus Todiwala OBE on Monday 5th October 2015.
Bombay-born Todiwala is chef patron of Café Spice Namaste, the landmark Indian restaurant now celebrating its 20th year. A recognised pioneer of sustainability in the UK and a foremost exponent of buying British, his ethos matches perfectly that of Bruno Loubet and Grain Store.
The pair’s autumnal feast will feature four courses of imaginative dishes including Beetroot & coconut russum with shredded confit of mallard chazaan and Ginger poached pear and cardamon ice cream, flaky pastry, marmalade sauce.
Tickets for the feast will cost £49 per person and will include a cocktail on arrival and a 4-course feast from these acclaimed chefs. To book please go to the Autumn Feast EventBrite page.
Grain Store has pioneered the use of vegetables as a hero ingredient since it opened in 2013. Although many dishes do have a meat or fish element, Grain Store’s menu gives vegetables a prominent, if not starring role.
Grain Store will be hosting a series of feasts over the coming year with chefs from around the country - as well as some interesting food producers - cooking with Bruno. Previously, they have hosted dinners with Persian chef Sabrina Ghayour and food producer the Butter Viking.
More by this writer
- The Summerhouse Presents Mount Pleasant Estate Wine Dinner
- Pi, a new artisan pizzeria, to open in Clapham
- Lyle’s, Sager & Wilde, Pollen Street Social and Berber & Q join venues across the UK for #rawwineweek (7-14 March 2018)
- Victorian Passions & Pursuits: Afternoon Tea fit for a Queen at The Orangery by Searcys
- Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London Launches Chinese New Year Menu With Emmy Nominated Chef, Chef Ching