Roast Introduces Horn To Hoof Menu
by Newsdesk - Tuesday February 7, 2017 1:02 pm
This February, Roast in Borough is taking things a step further with the launch of the first in a brand new series of tasting menus; the Sussex Breed Horn to Hoof Tasting Menu. In collaboration with one of Roast’s Sussex-based farmers, head chef Stuart Cauldwell has created a menu showcasing the impressive breed of cattle, which is ranked amongst the best in the UK.
Stuart’s menu will celebrate the cow in its entirety, with dishes such as Oxtail broth with smoked brisket and truffle ravioli and Sussex tongue and cheek porter pie with horseradish and bone marrow perfectly highlighting the distinctively rich flavour provided by the age of the cow at slaughter and the 28 days it is left to hang on the bone.
Stuart says “We are extremely excited to be able to bring to Roast customers a variety of dishes using cuts of the cow which are perhaps lesser known and appreciated by consumers. We hope to open people’s eyes to new ways of serving and enjoying beef”.
The menu is priced at £55 (£75 with suggested wines) and will run from 7th – 28th February, available at both lunch and dinner Monday – Friday.
More by this writer
- Oslo Hackney hosts Jӓgermeister Deer & Beer Event
- Slider Decider. This Saturday the chips are down
- Jamie Oliver Adds Quick & Easy Five-Ingredient Dishes To Jamie’s Italian Menus
- Mayfair’s Smith & Whistle perfectly paired Pie & Mash menu
- Ginza Onodera Introduces Rare Sake Dinner Series with World Sake Imports