David Berry Green on the wines of Nebbiolo
by Douglas Blyde - Saturday April 16, 2011 8:35 am
David Berry Green, eighth generation family member and buyer of Italian wines for eponymous wines and spirits merchant, Berry Brothers and Rudd, talks about his crusade to popularise wines made from nebbiolo, the leading red grape of Piedmont. He argues that value, freshness and intrigue may be found by looking beyond designer Barolos and Barbarescos, such as Langhe and Nebbiolo d'Alba...
Thank you to Denise Medrano (The Wine Sleuth) for recording the interview at Castello di Grinzane Cavour.
More by this writer
- Issho-Ni Chef’s Table Dining Experience. An Intimate Eight-Course Japanese Tasting Journey
- London’s newest food festival is serving up jam hot vibes
- Luxury Cotswolds hotel, Tewkesbury Park, to host extravagant three-day New Year’s celebration
- Christmas comes to P.F. Chang’s Asian Table
- Ice Ice Baby. South Place Hotel Warms Up With CIROC