David Berry Green on the wines of Nebbiolo
by Douglas Blyde - Saturday April 16, 2011 8:35 am
David Berry Green, eighth generation family member and buyer of Italian wines for eponymous wines and spirits merchant, Berry Brothers and Rudd, talks about his crusade to popularise wines made from nebbiolo, the leading red grape of Piedmont. He argues that value, freshness and intrigue may be found by looking beyond designer Barolos and Barbarescos, such as Langhe and Nebbiolo d'Alba...
Thank you to Denise Medrano (The Wine Sleuth) for recording the interview at Castello di Grinzane Cavour.
More by this writer
- MOLO Introduces ‘The Seafood Special Series’
- London 195 pop-up highlights some of London’s most underrepresented cuisines
- Neil Rankin x José Pizarro: A Delicious Collaboration
- Halo Burger New This Isn’t Chicken Nuggets And Deep-fried Magnum Ice Cream
- Selfridges’ Corner Restaurant Relaunches With New Generation U.S Chef And “Low And Slow” Menu