Wine lovers' Christmas presents.
by Alan Kingsbury - Sunday December 17, 2017 9:12 pm
This super-sippable, seasonal treat has been barrel-nurtured over an astonishing twenty-one year period.
With a show-stopping deep red amber colour and thick, oily texture, Old Boys releases intense aromas of prune and burnt orange with a mature, woody edge.
Now in its 41st year of production, Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book is, quite frankly, a present that every wine lover should receive every Christmas.
The author's unsurpassed knowledge of, regions, grapes, vintages and suitability of wines for foods, is miraculously condensed into a micro-reference volume that is blissfully easy to use.
Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2018 is published by Octopus Books at £12.99.
Pop goes Santa
One of Christmas' great little blessings is The Wine Society's fantastic offer on a mixed case of six fine bottles of Champagne.
It features non-vintage gems from star names including Pol Roger, Louis Roederer, Charles Heidsieck, Boizel, and Bollinger.
The offer price of £165 gives a massive saving of £72 on the normal price of £237 and is available form The Wine Society until 31st December 2017.
Take advantage and stock up for the year ahead; but hurry, pre-Christmas delivery slots are filling up fast.
More by this writer
- Chef John Burton Race launches Kickstarter campaign to publish inspiring new book.
- Hot Stone reopens with new 14 course Omakase menu
- Michelin Starred Chef, Atul Kochhar, And Trend-setting Cake Baker, Rosalind Miller, Join Learning With Experts Line Up
- Koji, the Japanese secret in Parson’s Green reopens its doors on Thursday 23rd July
- The Fine Cider Company has launched The Pommelier Club