'Cake Boy’ celebrity chef Eric Lanlard creates new signature afternoon tea
by Chef Foode - Monday June 17, 2013 10:06 am
Celebrity chef and Master Pâtissier, Eric Lanlard, has produced this video highlighting his unique signature afternoon tea with brand new sweet and savoury creations, which he designed for a dedicated food & wine themed cruise.
Lanlard, star of Channel 4’s Baking Mad and Glamour Puds series, has previously made cakes for Her Majesty The Queen Mother, David Beckham and Claudia Schiffer, amongst others. Normally associated with his luxury afternoon tea in his Cake Boy London cafe and five star hotels, this is the first time Lanlard has created an afternoon tea for a cruise ship.
His bespoke afternoon tea brings a contemporary and interactive twist to the traditional British institution. Highlights include:
- edible perfume
- savoury lemon and cracked black pepper macaroons filled with Scottish smoked salmon and cream cheese
- exotic pop cones topped with orange blossom Persian candy floss
- a modern take on the classic Eton mess with injection pipettes filled with a raspberry coulis and meringue topped with Malaysian tapioca pearls filled with lychee juice
Lanlard also talks about sharing his tips, designs and techniques during his cookery demonstration and the Q&A session he held whilst on board Azura, sharing a few celebrity secrets.
Lanlard said: “When I was invited to create a signature afternoon tea for P&O Cruises, I jumped at the chance! I wanted to design something which had a modern twist and would be more interactive so people could really get involved and enjoy a whole new experience. And I wanted to use ingredients from around the world which people may not have ever seen or tasted before, whether it be Persian candy floss or Malaysian tapioca pearls, it’s important to create something new and fresh.”
Lanlard will be appearing as a special guest on the next food & wine themed cruise later this year; a 28-night Caribbean no-fly cruise on Adonia (D318), departing November 22, 2013. Vantage Fares from £2,399pp. To book, visit www.pocruises.com or call 0843 373 0111.
More by this writer
- Spice & Wine: An Indian Cookalong | 67 Pall Mall x Mallika Basu
- New luxury hamper collection from Somerset-based Sharpham Park,
- New Zia Lucia Celebrates New Site With The Launch Of Birra Cabriolè
- Homestead, All-day Dining Concept From Sven-hanson Britt And Unlocked To Launch As London City Island’s New Restaurant
- The Ginger Pig & SHUK Weekend Brisket Pita Box