Korean honey mustard summer salad bowl
by Chef Foode - Tuesday July 19, 2016 9:07 am
You can try this trend at home with this dish from Korean-inspired London-based street food stall KORRITO, created using Maille mustard. This nutritious Korean Honey Mustard Summer Salad Bowl is full of flavour and full of colour – perfect for trying something new as the weather gets a lot warmer.
Serves: 4 | Preparation time:15minutes
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 pear, cut into matchsticks
- 2 radishes
- 350g firm tofu
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Maille Honey Mustard
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin or sweet rice wine
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Handful of toasted pine nuts
- Start off by preparing your vegetables. Cut the cucumber, carrots and pear (peeled) into matchsticks. Thinly slice the radishes.
- Mix Maille Honey Mustard, mirin, rice vinegar, water and honey together until combined. Drizzle the sesame oil in last and mix.
- Remove tofu from the packaging and pat dry. Slice the tofu into bite size pieces. Heat two tablespoons of oil, add the tofu and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Toss the vegetables in a large bowl with the dressing. Top with the tofu and scatter over the pine nuts. Serve with the honey mustard dressing.
TIP: Add crab meat or shredded roast chicken for more protein.
More by this writer
- London 195 pop-up highlights some of London’s most underrepresented cuisines
- Neil Rankin x José Pizarro: A Delicious Collaboration
- Halo Burger New This Isn’t Chicken Nuggets And Deep-fried Magnum Ice Cream
- Selfridges’ Corner Restaurant Relaunches With New Generation U.S Chef And “Low And Slow” Menu
- Gingerline Presents Chambers