Wing Yip’s Tangy Thai Beef Salad
by Chef Foode - Wednesday July 6, 2016 4:07 pm
A true taste sensation for the summer season, this delicious recipe for Tangy Thai Beef Salad, created by Wing Yip, is the perfect combination of fresh seasonal ingredients, including ruby red tomatoes, spicy chillies and refreshing cucumber – a guaranteed favourite for all your friends and family, whether whipping up for lunch, or enjoying as part of a sunny Saturday barbecue.
With four Oriental superstores located in Birmingham, Manchester, Croydon and Cricklewood, as well as an online store that delivers nationwide, Wing Yip brings authentic Oriental cuisine to UK kitchens. From fresh Oriental produce to delicious sauces and interesting spices, each store provides ingredients for inspiring Oriental recipes to cook at home.
228g good quality steak
114g mixed salad leaves
2 tomatoes (cut each into 6 wedges)
1/6th cucumber (sliced)
28g Rice Vermicelli (soaked in hot water
For the dressing:
1 tbsp. fish sauce
2 birds eye chillies (finely sliced)
3 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
Small handful chopped fresh coriander
Small handful chopped mint
1 heaped tbsp. shallots (finely dice)
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Drain vermicelli and allow to cool.
- Mix leaves with vermicelli and divide between two plates.
- Scatter cucumber and tomato over the leaves.
- Cook steak on a very hot grill pan – cook to your preference but medium rare is recommended.
- Allow steak to rest and then slice finely, across the grain.
- Add steak to glass bowl with dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Serve on salad leaves.