Sacla’ Truly, Madly, Deeply Italian Pesto Recipes
by Chef Foode - Wednesday August 19, 2020 10:08 am
Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto Topped Salmon With Rocket And Asparagus
Here’s bit of midweek magic. With just six ingredients and ready in under 20 minutes, this Omega-3 rich roast salmon is positively enlivened by the Sacla’ Classic Pesto crust.
The fresh Italian basil not only tastes delicious, but also fills the kitchen with the fragrant bouquet of Liguria while the peppery rocket is perfect alongside the nutty Grana Padano and Pecorino Romano cheeses and pine nuts.
On the table in 20 mins
2 salmon fillets, skin on
½ jar Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto
25g fresh white breadcrumbs
Small handful Parmesan, grated
6 asparagus stalks
Fresh rocket to serve
· Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan
· Arrange the salmon fillets on a non-stick baking tray
· In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and Sacla’ Basil Pesto
· Press half of the mixture on top of each fillet
· Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the fish is cooked through
· Meanwhile, pour boiling water into a pan. Add the asparagus and cook for 1-3 minutes, until bright green and tender
· Serve the salmon on a bed of rocket and asparagus
Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Bolognese
This recipe is a super quick and easy take on a true Italian classic. From start to finish you’ll have this on the table in 20 minutes.
The secret ingredient is a jar of Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto made from tomatoes which have spent seven days (yes seven days!) drying under the Mediterranean sun.
These, along with the fresh Italian Basil and Grana Padano cheese deliver a delicious depth of flavour to this family favourite.
On the table in: 20 mins
1 onion, chopped
400g chopped tomatoes
1 jar Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Parmesan to serve
Extra virgin olive oil
· Drizzle extra virgin olive oil into a pan and fry the onion and mince until browned
· Add the chopped tomatoes and cook thoroughly
· Stir in the Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
· Meanwhile, add the spaghetti to a pan of salted, boiling water and cook as per pack instructions
· Drain the spaghetti and mix in with the mince and other ingredients
· Serve sprinkled with Parmesan
Creamy Pasta With Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto
With all the flavour and aroma of the Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto gently mixed through garlic, mushrooms and streaky bacon (or you could use Pancetta).
The creamy sauce with plenty of freshly milled black pepper and Parmesan transforms the Tagliatelle into a midweek marvel.
On the table in: 15 mins
1 tbsp. olive oil
6 rashers streaky bacon
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
100g button mushrooms, quartered
½ jar Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto
150ml tub single cream
1 handful pitted black olives
Salt & black pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan
· Gently heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large deep sided frying pan
· Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden
· Add the garlic and mushrooms then cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally
· Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in lightly salted boiling water as per the pack instructions
· Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water and ad to the bacon, garlic and mushrooms, then stir together
· Add the Classic Basil Pesto, cream and the reserved cooking water to the pan
· Season and mix gently. Add the olives and cook for a minute more.
· Place the pasta in a warm serving dish and sprinkle abundantly with Parmesan
Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pizzette
You can cater for pretty much every occasion with these delightfully cute pizzettes, AKA mini pizza bites. Easy to make and equally easy to eat, they’re particularly perfect for the kids’ tea – or a little birthday party.
No need to make a special dough from scratch, ready rolled, puff pastry does the job brilliantly.
The vibrantly-coloured Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is rich and slightly sweet and just a little goes a long way. Pop this lot in front of a horde of kids and let the pizzafest begin!
On the table in: 30 mins
Flour for dusting
320g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
1 jar Sacla' Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
100g Mozzarella, torn into chunks
200g cherry tomatoes, chopped
Small bunch basil leaves, torn
· Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan
· Dust a flat surface with flour. Roll out the puff pastry and cut out six 10cm circles
· Place them on a baking sheet and prick the bases with a fork
· Spread the Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto over the bases, leaving a border around each circle
· Top with the Mozzarella and chopped cherry tomatoes
· Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until they are well risen, crispy and lightly golden
· Serve sprinkled with basil
Sacla’ - the Pesto Pioneers - is still run by the founding family in Italy who started the business more than 80 years ago. The authentic range, including their famous Pesto, is made in Piedmont to traditional recipes, using fresh ingredients.
In addition to the core range, Sacla’ travel the length and breadth of Italy to hand pick the best artisanal products for a Truly, Madly, Deeply taste of Italy available exclusively online at www.sacla.co.uk
The Sacla’ Pesto range includes pasta sauces, antipasti and a wide selection of products suitable for vegans and vegetarians is available online at www.sacla.co.uk and leading supermarkets:
Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto & Sacla’ Sun-Dried Pesto - RRP £2.50, 190g – available from Asda,
Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Waitrose and Ocado.