Dotty Dalmatian Afternoon Tea at Sheraton Grand London Park Lane
by Newsdesk - Thursday July 28, 2016 10:07 am
It's 55 years since the film classic 101 Dalmatians launched in the UK. To mark this anniversary, the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane is launching a Dotty Dalmatian Afternoon Tea and dog-friendly package for pampered pooches to enjoy a Mayfair hotel stay with their owners. The Art Deco hotel is located opposite Green Park on Piccadilly, where much of the film was set.
In honour of the original characters, the hotel has also appointed a modern day Pongo and Perdy pair to be the official mascots of the hotel, which is set to re-launch this October 2016 following a multi-million pound refurbishment.
The Pongo and Perdy inspired Afternoon Tea is lemon mousse and Oreo biscuit combined to create Perdy’s paw, while blueberry cake and violet cream make Pongo’s dog bowl. The white chocolate cream brownie melts in the mouth, and the spirit of devilish Cruella de Vil is captured in the dotty chocolate sponge and raspberry jelly.
Dalmatian inspired savoury treats include a polka dot macaroon made of confit salmon, crème fraiche and dill, as well as smoked trout mousse with English mustard and pickled red onion hot dog. Finally, free range egg mayonnaise and watercress sandwiches and short rib and bone marrow hot pot – don’t worry, we can provide a doggy bag if you can’t get through it all!
The Afternoon Tea can be enjoyed as part of the Dotty Dalmatian Package which has been created for those dog lovers who enjoy effortless travel. Dogs (of all breeds) and owners are welcome to relaxin one of the newly refurbed guest rooms. The owners will enjoy the limited edition Dalmatian Afternoon Tea, while their furry friend is being walked around the original movie set, across the road in Green Park. The first 20 guest dogs will also be gifted with a special Sheraton Grand doggy bag which includes a number of luxury treats.
Available for stays between 25th July and 31st August 2016, guests who book the special package can enjoy:
· An overnight stay for two people and a dog, with a complimentary room upgrade (subject to availability)
· A breakfast for two for owners
· A limited edition Dalmatian Afternoon Tea for owners
· A complimentary walking service around Green Park, for all dog guests
· A Sheraton Grand travel effortlessly gift bag for the first 20 dog guests
The package is priced from £292, based on two people and one dog sharing a room.
The Dotty Dalmatian Afternoon Tea will be served daily until 31st August in the hotel’s Palm Court with sittings at 12pm, 2pm,4pm and 6pm. Prices start at £37 per person.
More by this writer
- Bee Busy At Florentine
- The Cider Box and Canopy Market presents: CIDERFEST, a celebration of ‘real cider’
- Tickets now on sale for The Salt Yard Group’s Croqueta Challenge Grand Final 2019
- Bayou Bay Joins Local Community To Celebrate Tootopia
- Hoxton restaurant Cub announces collaboration with chef Matthew Scott of Hill & Szrok