Exclusive Icelandic chef’s residency at London’s Carousel
by Newsdesk - Thursday March 31, 2016 12:03 pm
Gísli will be bringing Iceland’s world renowned gastronomic flair and eccentricities to the heart of London. Look forward to Arctic char smoked in sheep's dung, cod head braised in chicken stock and lamb cured in Arctic thyme- an entire menu inspired by truly authentic Iceland dishes and flavours. The full menu is below.
Gísli runs two restaurants in Iceland, Matur og Drykkur (literally meaning food and drink) in the heart of Reykjavik and Slippurinn on Iceland’s Westman Islands. Despite him having dishes such as lightly seared minke whale on the menu in Iceland, the chefs aim is to produce incredibly good, fresh food, based on local culinary traditions, rather than to shock his customers.
Gísli will be a guest chef at Carousel until 9th April. For further details and bookings: www.carousel-london.com.
For further details on Iceland visit: www.inspiredbyiceland.com
More by this writer
- Spice & Wine: An Indian Cookalong | 67 Pall Mall x Mallika Basu
- New luxury hamper collection from Somerset-based Sharpham Park,
- New Zia Lucia Celebrates New Site With The Launch Of Birra Cabriolè
- Homestead, All-day Dining Concept From Sven-hanson Britt And Unlocked To Launch As London City Island’s New Restaurant
- The Ginger Pig & SHUK Weekend Brisket Pita Box