London’s Finest Cheese Trolley at Smith & Wollensky for British Cheese Week
by Newsdesk - Tuesday May 31, 2016 5:05 pm
In celebration of British Cheese Week, Smith & Wollensky has curated a selection of six cheeses, each one paired with a matching Wine, Whiskey or Port. Showcased on their ornate cheese trolley, the pairings will be available throughout the month of June, including Cheese Week (1st-7th June).
Pair a Ramos Pinto Quinta de Ervamoira 10yr old Port with a carefully selected Lincolnshire Poacher Cheese; the smooth texture and toasted nuts dominate the flavour profile.
If Whiskey is your preference, pair a Lagavulin with the best Stilton in the market: an award winning Colston Bassett.
The Oxford Isis is not a cheese for the faint hearted, it’s paired perfectly with a sweet Muscat Beaumes de Venise Dessert Wine.
But for some that prefer simplicity, rest easy with a Californian Pinot Noir and a classic West Country Brie with a hint of lemons. Each of these pairings are served for £18.50.
Set in the heart of London, just off The Strand, Smith & Wollensky serves a selection of USDA prime dry-aged steaks and seafood, alongside award-winning wines and classic cocktails.
If you want to sit back and relax in the seat of sophistication and celebrate British Cheese Week, the venue is the place for you…
More by this writer
- Issho-Ni Chef’s Table Dining Experience. An Intimate Eight-Course Japanese Tasting Journey
- London’s newest food festival is serving up jam hot vibes
- Luxury Cotswolds hotel, Tewkesbury Park, to host extravagant three-day New Year’s celebration
- Christmas comes to P.F. Chang’s Asian Table
- Ice Ice Baby. South Place Hotel Warms Up With CIROC