Nicholson’s 2017 National Beer Showcase
by Newsdesk - Friday September 8, 2017 9:09 am
Nicholson’s Pubs launch its annual celebration showcasing the UK’s best beer across London 11th September – 22nd October
44 pubs across London will be hosting Nicholson’s 2017 National Beer Showcase – one of the UK’s biggest celebrations of Britain’s best breweries, featuring an impressive 28 new beers. A selection of events will take place throughout the six-week long celebration, including guest talks from beer sommeliers and breweries, workshops, tastings, exclusive offers and competitions.
Ale lovers will be spoilt for choice with a selection of limited-edition craft beers and regional specialties that will feature on the pumps, alongside some familiar brews.
Kicking off the celebrations will be six tailor-made ‘District Beers’ from Nicholson’s very own Cask Masters in each region with six of the UK’s best breweries, including Hop Stuff Brewery, London Brewing Co. and West Berkshire Brewery.
Be sure to pick up your complimentary There’s A Beer For That guidebook to learn more about the ‘District Beers’, which include Mjango Unchained, Rye the Hell Not and Ryeders of the Lost Cask.
Also available will be the oaked pale ale, Two Bays – a collaborative beer from award-winning breweries Adnams and Cigar City Brewing*, celebrating the US and UK coastlines. Tapping into the music industry, Britpop fans will get to sample a beer created by Yorkshire band Shed Seven and Rudgate Brewery, Going for Gold, that will be on offer only at Nicholson’s Pubs from 1st October.
Joining the Beer Showcase from 8th October will be Nicholson’s own-brand porter, back by popular demand after a three-year hiatus.
To make sure punters across the UK get a taste of the action, a selection of Nicholson’s Pubs will be hosting events and competitions, including:
- The Coal Hole, The White Swan, The White Lion & The Wellington (London) – to celebrate the welcome return of Nicholson’s own-brand porter, St Austell’s head brewer, Roger Ryman will lead an immersive West End pub tour and tasting in October (date TBC) for a selection of competition winners.
The action won’t stop there – Nicholson’s Beer Showcase will have a big social media presence thanks to takeovers from breweries with weekly giveaways and great prizes. Nicholson’s very own app will also give users access to special offers and exclusive content throughout the showcase. Special offers and prizes will include (amongst others) access to:
- ‘Pop Up Punks’ tasting experiences with Brewdog
- ‘Meet Your Local’ sessions with Meantime Brewery and personalised
- ‘Homebrew Club’ Q&A workshops with Marston’s ‘Beer Buffs’
Follow @Nicholsonspubs and #NicholsonsBeerShowcase across social media to find out how to get your hands on tickets and enter the competitions.
NOT JUST ABOUT THE BEER
As Autumn draws near, Nicholson’s will be launching their new menu ready for the start of October. Featuring seasonal dishes, such as vegan cottage pie with lentils topped sweet potato and carrot mash; chicken, ham hock and cheese pie; and an box-baked Camembert, the Autumn menu will be available across all Nicholson’s pubs.
The Beer Showcase will run nationally from the 11th September – 22nd October. For the full listings of events and dates visit www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/beershowcase.
More by this writer
- Chef John Burton Race launches Kickstarter campaign to publish inspiring new book.
- Hot Stone reopens with new 14 course Omakase menu
- Michelin Starred Chef, Atul Kochhar, And Trend-setting Cake Baker, Rosalind Miller, Join Learning With Experts Line Up
- Koji, the Japanese secret in Parson’s Green reopens its doors on Thursday 23rd July
- The Fine Cider Company has launched The Pommelier Club