Oysters, Perrier-Jouët Champagne, Geronimo Inns – Three to savour
by Newsdesk - Wednesday September 27, 2017 3:09 pm
The months of the ‘R’ are upon us and that means the native oyster season has officially arrived.
Running from now until 2nd October, the menu sees Colchester Oyster Co. oysters served natural (over ice with red wine and shallot vinegar) or ‘Kilpatrick’ style (grilled with Worcester sauce and smoked bacon).
Sourced from the seabed rather than being grown in nets at sea-level, feeding from the rich fertile waters in the Pyefleet Creek, these free-range oysters are some of the best in the world with a significantly distinctive flavour.
Choose from six oysters with a bottle of Grand Brut with its attractive bouquet and youthful, delicate, creamy hints. A dozen oysters comes with a bottle of Blason Rosé, a champagne with a powerful bouquet of ripe red fruit; or share 18 oysters with the elegant, silky taste of Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque.
Participating Geronimo Inns venues include:
- The Builders Arms, Chelsea www.thebuildersarmschelsea.co.uk
- The Chelsea Ram, Chelsea www.thechelsearam.co.uk
- The Clarence, Whitehall www.theclarencewhitehall.com
- The Duke of Clarence, South Kensington www.thedukeofclarencesw5.co.uk
- The Fentiman Arms, Oval www.thefentimanarms.co.uk
- The Phoenix, Chelseawww.thephoenixchelsea.co.uk
- The Phoenix, Victoriawww.thephoenixinvictoria.co.uk
- The Prince Albert, Batterseawww.theprincealbertbattersea.co.uk
- The Red Barn, Blindley Heathwww.theredbarnblindleyheath.co.uk