Acqua di Parma Afternoon Tea at Baglioni Hotel
by Nick Harman - Thursday April 19, 2018 12:04 pm
As the sun breaks through finally, the Chelsea Flower Show begins to loom on the diary horizon, why not make the day complete with Acqua di Parma Afternoon Tea at Baglioni Hotel?
Iconic fragrance brand Acqua di Parma, has created a unique Chelsea Flower Show Afternoon Tea inspired by the fresh and elegant, citrus-based Colonia, that has been seducing customers for over 100 years.
We went to a preview in the Baglioni Hotel London’s elegant dining room, pleasantly placed opposite Hyde Park, to try a selection of scones and sandwiches with an Italian twist from Chef Alberto Rossetti, who was himself born and raised in Parma,
The Acqua di Parma brand was established in 1916 with the classic Colonia fragrance. All the colourful treats are inspired by the Colonia’s ingredients and its complex bouquet, which include citrus fruit from Sicily, lavender, bergamot, verbena and Bulgarian rose.
Lemon Cake, Lavender Meringue and Bergamot Cream, Floral Verbena and Lime Zest Panna Cotta with Rose Coulis, Violets of Parma and Sicilian Cannoli with Candied orange.
You name it, it was there along with delicious sandwiches that obeyed the prime Afternoon Tea rules that I prescribe of being delicate, tasty and easy to eat. I once ate open sandwiches at afternoon tea that went up my nose when I tried to bite into them, not a very elegant look.
To accompany, there was Calabrian Bergamot and Mint Tea or Rose and Dried Lime Tea, the colours of which were simply stunning. The Rose especially verdant and just the thing for the flower-loving public.
Service, as usual at the Baglioni, was warmly Italian with staff genuinely enjoying unveiling all the delicacies chef had created. If the weather is fine then you can also sit outside on the terrace opposite the park and enjoy a cool breeze with your fine tea and cakes.
The Acqua di Parma Afternoon Tea is available for the month of May at Baglioni Hotel London from £47 per person. Every guest enjoying the Acqua di Parma Afternoon Tea will also be treated to a luxury sample of Colonia.
For booking and for further information call 020 7368 5900 or visit baglionihotels.com
Live Piano Thursdays & Fridays 4pm – 8pm | Saturday 3:30pm – 8pm | Sunday 1:30pm – 6pm
- Homemade rosemary focaccia with bresaola and buffalo mozzarella cheese Sun dried tomatoes and ricotta cheese
- Scottish oak-smoked salmon, fresh cream and chives
- Classic egg, fresh rocket salad and mayonaise
- Turkey, fresh lettuce and mayonaise
SCONES ARTIGIANALI DELLA CASA
- Freshly baked traditional fruit and plain scones
- Freshly baked scones with scorza di limone Sicilian blood orange jam
- Traditionally English clotted cream Italy’s famous Nutella chocolate spread
- Floral verbena and lime zest panna cotta with rose coulis Colonia lemon tart
- Lavender meringue and bergamot cream
- Classic tiramisù
- Pistachio tuiles
- Sicilian cannoli with candied orange
- Violets of Parma and edible flowers
£47.00 Per Person – Including a glass of Ferrari Maximum Brut NV £52.00 Per Person – Including a glass of Ferrari Rosé Perlé, Metodo Classic Trento