All-new Afternoon Tea & Tour package from St Pancras International and Fortnum & Mason
by Nick Harman - Thursday May 10, 2018 11:05 am
To celebrate its 150th birthday year, St Pancras International has teamed up with Fortnum & Mason to offer guests a unique Afternoon Tea experience, complete with the opportunity to hear fascinating tales of the station’s past in an hour-long historic walking tour.
As well as exploring the stunning design of the station, guests will learn about the threat to demolish the building in the 20th century and its rebirth in the 21st century as a destination for premium shopping, eating and drinking, as well as the new Eurostar Terminal.
After digesting the history of this iconic London building, guests will sit down to enjoy a traditional Afternoon Tea at the station’s elegant and iconic tea salon, Fortnum & Mason.
They will be served a decadent spread including Fortnum’s smoked salmon and tartare dressing on granary bread; plain and fruit scones with clotted cream and strawberry preserve; and a pot of Fortnum’s famous tea for one (see full menu below).
This exclusive package, the first of its kind to be launched by St Pancras International, has been specially created to celebrate its 150thanniversary and is available for just one month only, starting from 21st May and running until 15th June 2018.
Available to book now via Eventbrite and priced at £45pp, the package offers the perfect gift or treat to enjoy with friends and family.
- Exclusive package created to celebrate the station’s 150th anniversary
- Includes an hour-long walking tour to learn about the fascinating history of St Pancras International, followed by a delicious Fortnum’s Afternoon Tea
- Available to book now for 12.30pm or 3pm, 21st May – 15th June
Fortnum & Mason Afternoon Tea and Tour package price: £45pp
Available: 21 May until 15 June (not running on 26 & 27 May or 3, 9 & 10 June)
Times: 12.30pm or 3pm
Duration: 2 hrs
Meeting point: The station jukebox - sited underneath the South Eastern Trains platform (Platforms 11 - 13)
Booking link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/
- Cucumber, Cream Cheese and Chives on White Bread
- Fortnum's Smoked Salmon & Tartare dressing on Granary Bread
- Rare Breed Hen Egg with Mustard Cress on Poppy Seed Bread
- Coronation Chicken on Wholemeal Bread
A duo of scones:
- Plain & Fruit Scones presented with Clotted Cream and & Strawberry Preserve
Afternoon tea cakes:
- Selection of Individual Tea Pastries
All served with a pot of Fortnum’s Famous Tea for One.