City Chophouse plays host to Britain’s best butchers
by Newsdesk - Wednesday August 7, 2019 11:08 am
This September, Paternoster Chophouse will be offering Londoners an exclusive menu from Britain’s best butchers.
The six individuals, who go by the collective name ‘British Beefeaters’ and who will represent Great Britain in the 2020 World Butchers’ Challenge, have together devised a one-off menu that's available from 2nd – 14th September.
A choice of five dishes will be available for lunch and dinner and feature meat masterpieces such as the Braised Shin of Dexter beef dish; scooped out marrow bone mixed with butter, chilli butter and refilled, a dish which won ‘World’s best beef product with split shin’ in the 2018’s Challenge.
Other highlights include the Grilled rib of Hereford beef, Smoked baby short ribs with whiskey sauce, Roast pork fillet, black pudding, smoked apple & lardo, Grilled rib of Hereford beef, bull cut and to share, the rack of Colne Valley lamb, Cannon & Cannon chorizo and spinach stuffing - alongside a view of St Pauls.
● Smoked baby back short ribs with whiskey sauce £9
● Braised shin of Dexter beef, baked chilli butter bone marrow, bordelaise sauce £21
● Roast pork fillet, black pudding, smoked apple & lardo 22
● Grilled rib of Hereford beef, bull cut £9/100gr
● Rack of Colne Valley Lamb, Cannon & Cannon chorizo & spinach stuffing (2 to share) £50
The British Beefeater menu will be available at Paternoster Chophouse, alongside a paired Jura Whisky cocktail menu, for two weeks from 2nd September and prior to the World Butcher’s Challenge 2020 to be held in Sacramento, California on 5 September 2020.