Galvin At Windows To Serve Vintage Fine Wines By The Glass
by Newsdesk - Sunday August 8, 2010 11:01 am
For two weeks this month manager Fred Sireix will be selecting a bottle of wine from the restaurant's well stocked cellar every day. The wine will be opened at 8pm for customers to enjoy on a first come first served basis and will be sold by the glass at a price based on the cost price of each bottle. Wines will start at £20 a glass.
Wine buffs take note, these red and white wines will all be taking staring roles in this promotion: Chateau Chasse-Spleen, (1986) and Cos d’Estournel, 2eme Cru Classe (1985); whites include Pessac-Leagnan, Chateau Pape Clement, Graves (2004) and Chablis 1er Cru Vaillons, William Fevre (2007).
Those who are partial to the odd tweet can keep up to date with what the wine of the day will be by following @GalvinatWindows. Non-tweeters can use the good old phone to call Galvin at Windows on 0207 208 4021 which is also the same number to call if you want to make a reservation.
The offer is available from August 16th-27th Monday-Thursday.
More by this writer
- Chef Patron, Tom Cenci and Adam White to launch new neighbourhood restaurant, Loyal Tavern
- MOLO Introduces ‘The Seafood Special Series’
- London 195 pop-up highlights some of London’s most underrepresented cuisines
- Neil Rankin x José Pizarro: A Delicious Collaboration
- Halo Burger New This Isn’t Chicken Nuggets And Deep-fried Magnum Ice Cream