World Eat For Good Day is a day that has been marked to encourage people to make simple food swaps to Future 50 Foods for a more sustainable planet. Foods like cauliflower, lentils and mushrooms.
Knorr has developed a selection of recipes featuring Future 50 Foods, a list of foods developed by Knorr and WWF that we should all eat more of because they are naturally nutritious, have a lower impact on our planet than animal-based foods, and can help safeguard the future of our food.
Try these SPICY RED LENTIL BALLS
1 garlic clove
3 tbsp oil
150g red lentils, raw
1 tbsp curry powder
50g oat flakes
1 ½ tbsp flour
200ml light/low fat coconut milk
1 tsp Knorr Reduced SaltVegetable Granules
300 ml water
1. Peel the onion and garlic and finely chop. Fry in 1 tbsp of oil.
2. Add the lentils and curry and fry briefly.
3. Add 300ml of water, bring to the boil and cover, cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes. Stir from time to time until all the liquid has evaporated. Let cool down. Stir in oat flakes and let them soak for 10 minutes.
4. Make about 24 small balls from the lentil dough. Fry in a pan in 1 tbsp of oil for about 8 minutes, remove and keep warm.
5. Dissolve the Knorr Reduced Salt VegetableGranules in 300 ml boiling water. Allow to cool.
6. Add remaining oil to the pan, add the flour and sauté for 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and water with Knorr Reduced Salt Vegetable Granules (from step 5).
Stir in the spices. Serve the lentil balls in the sauce. Drizzle with lime juice. www.knorr.com/uk/future50report.html