Crock-Pot has recently launched the brand *NEW* 4.5L Crock-Pot® DuraCeramic SautÃƒÂ© Slow Cooker which is ideal for making a range of hearty, nutritious meals for the whole family.
From stews to soups, curries to desserts, Crock-Pot’s latest slow cooker is intuitive, versatile and hassle free. Simply pop in your ingredients before you head out and let it do the hard work, ready for you to enjoy when you come home.
Chilli with a Twist.
Cooking time: 5 hours (high) or 6-7 hours (low)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g sausage meat
- 1 kg lean minced meat
- 200g tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 200g tins of sweetcorn
- 2 x 400g tins of red kidney beans, drained
To serve Ã¢â‚¬â€œ steamed basmati rice or nachos, sour cream, jalapenos
- Heat your Crock-Pot® SautÃƒÂ© Slow Cooker pot or a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, onion and sautÃƒÂ© gently until softened. Break up the sausage meat adding this to the onion in the pot or pan; continue sautÃƒÂ©ing until the meat is browned and easy to break up.
- Place into the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker or set aside in a bowl. Reheat the frying pan or the Crock-Pot® SautÃƒÂ© Slow Cooker pot, adding in the minced beef. Stir fry the beef over a high heat until browned. Add in the chilli powder and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Place all the cooked ingredients into the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker pot along with the rest of the ingredients apart from the kidney beans. Stir well, cover and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Add the kidney beans approximately 1 hour before the end of the cooking time.
- Serve accompanied with some steamed basmati rice. Why not top your chilli with a little sour cream, jalapenos and some nachos?