This delicious vegetable lasagne, made with Swiss chard, courgettes and goats’ cheese, is a perfect hearty family dinner.
It might be a little unorthodox, but the addition of the Tracklements Caramelised Red Onion Relish takes the flavour of this dish to a whole new level.
For the bÃƒÂ©chamel:
50g plain four
750ml whole milk
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
100g grated parmesan
salt and pepper
For the filling:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
250g Swiss chard, roughly chopped leaves and stems
125g fresh lasagne sheets
3 courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
150g goats’ cheese, thinly sliced
250g Tracklements Caramelised Red Onion Relish
handful toasted, chopped walnuts
· Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
· Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan over a moderate heat, stir in the flour and cook out for 1 min. Gradually add the milk whisking continuously until fully incorporated. Cook for about 5 mins until smooth and thickened. Add the nutmeg, Parmesan and season to taste.
· Add the olive oil to a medium sized frying pan over a moderate heat, add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding the chard and a generous pinch of salt. SautÃƒÂ© the chard for 2-3 mins until wilted.
· Cook the lasagne sheets in plenty of salted boiling water as per packet instructions, drain and put to one side.
· Add a third of the bÃƒÂ©chamel sauce to the base of a medium sized baking dish, top with a third of the sliced courgette, goats’ cheese and ½ of the chard.
Add a third of the Caramelised Red Onion Relish, dotting it around with a teaspoon, top with a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat the layering as before using up the remaining chard.
Top the lasagne with the remaining bÃƒÂ©chamel, goats’ cheese, Caramelised Red Onion Relish and sliced courgette. Sprinkle over the walnuts and bake in the oven for 45 mins or until golden brown and bubbling.