Make this Easter meal the most memorable yet with one of these tried and tested recipes; one is made for sharing and the other is perfect for a starter or a tasty dish for two.
Slow Roast Pork with Tracklements Apple & Sage Jelly Jus
A sensational centrepiece for Easter, the oven does the heavy lifting with a long slow cook, while you sip a chardonnay …
2kg good quality pork shoulder – bone in, skin on
Sea salt and black pepper
125g (1/2 jar) Tracklements Apple & Sage Jelly
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7
- Score the pork skin with a sharp
knife – about 1cm apart – through the skin and fat but try not to go through to the meat
- Rub sea salt into the scores. Season the underside of the joint with salt and pepper and place skin side up onto a roasting dish. Cook for 40 mins, uncovered (you’re waiting for the skin to puff up and start to crackle)
- Turn the oven down to 150°C/300°F/gas mark 2. Cover with two layers of tin foil so no moisture can escape and cook at the bottom of the oven for around 4 1⁄2 hours
- Remove the tin foil, baste the pork with the juices and cook, uncovered, for a further hour or until the crackling is crispy
- Remove from the oven and let it rest. Transfer the juices to a pan, wait for them to separate and pour off the fat. Stir in the Apple & Sage Jelly, heat gently until the jelly has melted and serve with your favourite accompaniments; roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower cheese (with a touch of Tracklements Sweet Mustard Ketchup – you’ll thank us for this tip later!)
Pea & Mint Risotto with Tracklements Traditional Mint Sauce
Italians describe a properly cooked risotto as ‘all’onda’ (wave-like), meaning that the risotto has an almost porridge-like consistency, but individual grains are still slightly firm with a distinct ‘bite’.
Rich and creamy, yet delightfully fresh, this Pea & Mint Risotto is perfect for a starter or a decent main course for two.
Large knob of butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
125g Arborio risotto rice
450ml vegetable stock
125g frozen peas
1-2 tbsp Tracklements Traditional Mint Sauce
Sea salt and black pepper
Grated Parmesan (for mixing through, and sprinkling over the risotto)
Rocket for a chef-y flourish or as a side salad
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and cook for 3 mins until soft
- Stir the rice into the onions to coat the grains in butter and cook for a minute more
- Start adding the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring often, only adding more once the liquid has been absorbed by the rice (this should take about 20 mins)
- If the rice is still a little hard – just add a touch more stock.
- As the rice becomes plump and tender, about 5 mins before the end of cooking, stir in the peas, Traditional Mint Sauce and the Parmesan (and an extra knob of butter if you’re feeling indulgent)
- Season to taste and serve with more grated parmesan and a rocket salad Tracklements Apple & Sage Jelly RRP £3.75 for 250g and Tracklements Traditional Mint Sauce RRP £2.85 for 150g is available from fine food delis and farm shops nationwide and online at www.tracklements.co.uk.
@tracklements #tastytracklements #LifeandSoulofthePantry