National Seafood Week is nearly with us again and takes place between the 6th Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 13th of October.
National Seafood Week is held every year to make people aware that not only is seafood quick and easy to cook, but it has the added benefit of being low in fat and a good source of protein, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids.
For these reasons, as well as the fact it’s delicious, we are all now being urged to eat seafood twice a week. So, what better time to start than during National Seafood Week? To hit the twice a week target, Encona Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the UK’s number one hot pepper sauce brand have created a quick and easy recipe -‘Seabass Ceviche’.
Cooking Time: 0 mins Prep time: 25 mins
- 250g skinless and boneless sea bass fillets
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- juice of 4 limes
- 2 tbsp Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, half finely diced and half finely sliced to garnish
- 1/2 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced lengthways and finely sliced
- Alfalfa sprouts, to garnish
1) Using a sharp knife, slice the sea bass fillets into1 cm x 1 cm cubes. Place in a bowl and add the salt and pepper, tossing to coat.
2) Combine the lime juice, Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce and diced red chilli then pour over the sea bass slices. Leave to marinade for 15-20 minutes.
3) Divide the fish and marinade between serving plates, then top with the yellow pepper, red onion and spring onion and the sliced chilli. Sprinkle with alfalfa sprouts and serve with extra Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce if desired.