Bring a taste of Tennessee to your dinner table this National Chilli Day with a slow cooked brisket chilli from Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey.
Mr Jack was known to use his whiskey to bring the people of Lynchburg together; a tradition which is as true today as it was when he founded his distillery over 150 years ago. So, this National Chilli Day why not raise a glass to Mr Jack and treat yourself to a taste of Tennessee with friends?
The smokey, spicy flavours of the Brisket and Jack Chilli complement the smooth caramel notes of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, making it the ideal dish to enjoy alongside a Jack & Cola.
The brisket is slow cooked, which means it’s a perfect dish to prepare the day before you host, leaving you more time to catch up with your friends over a Jack & Cola on the night.
Brisket & Jack Chilli (Serves 6-8)
Paired perfectly with a Jack & Cola
- 100ml of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
- 50g butter
- 1kg slow cooked brisket (preferably smoked)
- 1 large diced onion
- 70g chilli dry mix
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1l chopped tomatoes
- 2.5tbs tomato puree
- 2.5tbs treacle
- 500kg kidney beans
- SautÃƒÂ© the onion then add mince and brown off
- Add the dry spice mix and coat ingredients
- Add the liquids and bring to a simmer
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Cook very slowly for 2-3 hrs
- Add a splash more stock/water if it starts to dry out
- 50ml Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
- 200ml cola
- Add cubed ice to a rocks glass
- Pour the Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey into the rocks glass and add the cola