With the warm weather on its way, we can finally sit outside and dine al fresco and enjoy a delicious meal with family and friends Ã¢â‚¬â€œ what better way to impress your family and friends than with a fresh, tasty vegetable side dish to compliment your main meal?
This spring, surprise your family with the ultimate side dish, choosing a recipe created exclusively for Grana Padano by Sartoria’s chef patron Francesco Mazzei – oven roasted vegetables with fresh hazelnuts or cobnuts and Grana Padano shavings Ã¢â‚¬Å“in AgrodolceÃ¢â‚¬Â.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 200g Beetroot
- 200g Fennel
- 200g Butternut squash
- 200g Purple Aubergines
- 2 Red onions
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 50g Fresh hazelnuts or cobnuts
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 500ml Raspberry vinegar
- 50g Shavings of Grana Padano Cheese, aged for 20 Months
- Fresh Herbs for decoration (Chervil, Basil, celery cress)
- 1) Preheat the oven to 185 degrees.
- 2) Place the beetroot in a pan of cold water; bring to the boil to cook the beetroot for a few minutes. Let it cool down in the water.
- 3) Blanch the fennel in a separate pan.
- 4) In the meantime reduce the vinegar to 2 tablespoons.
- 5) Add the tomato paste, honey and salt & pepper.
- 6) Cut the vegetables into four pieces, season and roast in the oven until they are nice and tender (approx. 25 minutes.)
- 7) Cut the vegetables into smaller pieces if desired and place on a plate.
- 8) Drizzle the sauce over the vegetables and top with Grana Padano shavings, hazelnuts and herbs.
*Agrodolce is a traditional sweet and sour sauce traditionally made by reducing two elements Ã¢â‚¬â€œ vinegar & sugar Ã¢â‚¬â€œ in Francesco’s recipe, vinegar and honey.