Great British Sausage Week has begun, so if you are on the hunt for the best sausages look no further! Below we have outlined some of the best sausage activities, dishes, books and stalls for you! After allÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ who doesn’t love a Great British banger?
- Brook Green Wild Food Market Ã¢â‚¬â€œ www.wildfoodmarket.com
On Saturday 8th November, Sausage Week is arriving at Brook Green Wild Food Market with a range of exciting activities which everyone, both young and old, can get involved in. Dedicated to giving customers both a foodie education and experience, Wild Food Market broadens your culinary knowledge with their weekly programme of regular masterclasses.
This weeks’ session will focus on sausage making, showing you how easy it is to make your own sausages. The team will be taking sausage making one step further, demonstrating how vegetables, offal and even fruit can be used as fillings, with delicious results! Join the team as they scour the market for ingredients, from mushrooms and apples all the way through to bread, cheese and aubergine.
Also at the market:
Picks Organic Farm will be serving a special edition’Brook Green Sausage’, made especially for our market. Take a pack home or if you’re feeling peckish, try one of their sizzling sausages in bun. Tempting, hot, delicious!
Street food stalwarts, Wild Dogs specialise in serving natural, free-range hot dogs, made entirely from British Produce. If the sound of their classic’Wild Dog’, a wild breed pork sausage, slow cooked caramelised onions topped with a range of sauces takes your fancy, then we strongly suggest you give it a try!
- London’s Great British CafÃƒÂ© Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Polo 24 Hour Bar has created a special sausage menu in honour of the (not so humble) English banger and they have even had a limited edition sausage created for them specially – The Londoner, which is a pork sausage seasoned with sage and a secret blend of herbs from award winning butchers The Franconian Sausage Company. Diners choose their sausage from a choice of either a Traditional Cumberland or the Londoner and then can have it in a sandwich, as bangers and mash or in toad in the hole! Available 24 hours a day all week!www.polo24hourbar.co.uk
- At Trade it’s all about their Sausage Cholla Rolls which are served up every morning. These are seriously popular and even more deliciousÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ I would confidently nominate this as the best sausage sandwich in London! Trade is a cafÃƒÂ© on Commercial Street focused on delivering an outstanding food offering along with their specialty teas and coffees, homemade cakes, trademark deli sandwiches (not to be overlooked!) and fresh, seasonal salads. http://www.trade-made.co.uk/
- Goode & Wright specialise in Great British produce with a French twist and have delivered in spectacular fashion a Wild Boar Toad in the Hole for this coming sausage week. This will be on their menu for a limited time only so get it before their bangers run out! http://www.goodeandwright.co.uk/
- For the duration of Sausage Week, talented Chef Arnaud Stevens at Sixtyone Restaurant on London’s Upper Berkeley St will be serving a delicious, hearty special of Confit Grilled Pork Belly with Savoy Cabbage and Morteau Sausage Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the perfect dish to warm you up on a crisp November day. http://sixtyonerestaurant.co.uk/
- Melrose and Morgan’s new book, Good Food For Your Table, has a chapter dedicated to sausages, salami and saucission which demystifies the names behind all sausages including British favourites the Cumberland and the Lincolnshire. The book also contains recipes for their infamous sausage rolls as well as a lentil vinaigrette that goes well with highly seasoned sausages and a honey glaze that would turn any sausage into a taste sensation. Good Food For Your Table is published by Salt Yard books for £25. www.melroseandmorgan.com
- HG Walter www.hgwalter.com (delivery available across London and Nationwide) – London’s leading butcher, HG Walter, offer an impressive selection of award winning sausages and also encourages customers to go to the shop to create their own flavour. Using only the finest ingredients, locally sourced, HG Walter’s sausage offering includes:
Free Range Country StylePork (voted’sausage heaven’ by food critic Charles Campion)
Beef and Guinness
Wild Boar and Apple
Chicken and Apricot
Three Bird Sausage (pheasant, partridge and mallard with redcurrant, thyme and smoked garlic)
The Fat Pig Sausage (pedigree mangalitza pork with chorizo, chilli, morcilla and manchega).