One of our favourite Spanish restaurants is collaborating with the Castilla la Mancha region with limited edition regional items on the menu throughout November
Almost bang in the centre of mainland Spain, Castilla la Mancha is a secret Spanish spot for foodie travellers to discover.
Its cuisine is extensive, with recipes containing delightfully rich flavour and spices, that give each dish its own unmistakable and unforgettable taste. Iberica’s guests in November will be able to sample a curated selection of succulent delights such as milk fed lamb shoulder, cod with “pisto manchego” and traditional Iberica ham croquettes.
At a launch event we got to try everything in miniature tapas-style bites and it certainly made us hungry for more. Who couldn’t resist dishes like these?
- Gomez Moreno Manchego cheese selection; semi-soft, cured, rosemary and truffle (gf)
- 24 month cured organic Cerrón goat’s cheese (gf)
- ‘Toledana’ style partridge ravioli with spiced carrot purée, partridge jus and truffle oil
- ‘Ajoarriero’ cod with avruga caviar, black garlic, micro parsley and toasted ciabatta
- Pisto Manchego with a Spanish style fried egg (v) (gf)
- Saffron custard with an almond crumble, fresh orange, candied orange peel, chocolate ice cream and cocoa paper
When Ibérica launched in 2008 the aim was to introduce authentic Spanish cuisine to the UK and to make dining at the restaurant an experience as authentic as possible, with produce perfectly selected to ensure each dish showcases the very best of Spain.
Ibérica now has a family of five restaurants located in Marylebone, Canary Wharf, Victoria, Farringdon and Leeds as well as two sister venues; La Terraza Canary Wharf and La Bodega Leeds.
Ibérica’s Michelin-starred Executive Chef, Nacho Manzano grew up in the tiny village of La Salgar in the northern Asturias mountains, where he learnt to cook with his grandmother and mother and aims to share his knowledge and passion for Spanish food to the UK.