A celebration of London’s finest flavours paired with Parisian elegance
This summer La Maison Maille, the French mustard brand, is launching FÃƒÂªte de la Gastronomie. A two-week celebration of food, the festival will celebrate London’s finest flavour creators with a French twist, running from 18th Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 31st July.
Maille has teamed up with eight unique tastemakers to create a bespoke collection of dishes available during La FÃƒÂªte. Food lovers are invited to visit each of the specially chosen’Flavour Creators’ to discover each new creation.
The Maille Flavour Creators include the classic Galvin Bistrot de Luxe, Bruno Loubet’s veg-centric Grain Store, Michelin starred choux pastry specialist MaÃƒÂ®tre Choux, Bibendum at the original iconic Michelin Building, North London neighbourhood hotspot Finks Salt and Sweet, meat connoisseurs Cobble Lane Cured, urban cheese makers Wildes Cheese and master fishmongers Moxon’s.
To celebrate FÃƒÂªte de la Gastronomie, Maille will host an alfresco dining experience – La Rive Gauche.
For one night only, London’s Southbank will be transformed into Paris’s iconic Left Bank Ã¢â‚¬â€œ creating the perfect setting to enjoy a culinary adventure from all eight Flavour Creators.
150 guests will enjoy an indulgent tasting menu that brings together all the flavours created and celebrated during FÃƒÂªte de la Gastronomie. Against the backdrop of St. Pauls and the Thames, the long-table banquet will embody the essence of Parisian gastronomy paired with the vibrant London food scene.
The dishes served throughout the duration of La FÃƒÂªte and during the long-table banquet will be:
· Galvin Bistro de Luxe: BBQ & southern fried rabbit, rosemary & honey mustard mayonnaise and watercress
· Grain Store: Ricotta and wholegrain mustard, stuffed courgette flower, potato and parsley veloute
· Bibendum: SautÃƒÂ© scallops with samphire, pancetta and grain mustard beurre blanc
· Finks Salt and Sweet: Seared tuna tataki with a ponzu dressing and a mustard crisp hat
· Cobble Lane Cured: Nduja and wholegrain mustard scotch egg
· Moxon’s: Beech smoked haddock croquette with Dijon mustard, served with spring onion mayonnaise
· Wildes Cheese: Trio of mustard washed cheeses
· MaÃƒÂ®tre Choux: Duo of ÃƒÂ©clairs: Strawberries, basil & mascarpone and caramel
Guests will be treated to drinks from Maille’s official drinks partner, Vranken Pommery UK, who will be providing their flagship Champagne Pommery and still Provence rosÃƒÂ© wine from ChÃƒÂ¢teau La Gordonne.
To continue celebrations throughout the year, food aficionados can visit La Maison Maille’s Piccadilly Boutique for a series of one-off culinary events. As London’s embassy of French flavor, the boutique will host exclusive sessions from a variety of inspiring food experts, plus the opportunity to preview brand new Maille flavours.
FÃƒÂªte de la Gastronomie was established in France to promote the survival of Paris’ gastro-heritage. In celebration of this respected cuisine, and as a purveyor of food and flavour, La Maison Maille is reimagining the event to London, a fellow culinary capital.
For more information on FÃƒÂªte de la Gastronomie, including recipes from the Flavour Creators, please visit: www.maille.com.
Share your own foodie fetes at #MailleFete to win.