The St Pancras Brasserie and Champagne Bar by Searcys Ã¢â‚¬â€œ home to the longest Champagne bar in Europe Ã¢â‚¬â€œ is toasting the 150-year anniversary of St Pancras Station by unveiling its first Champagne School and a fresh new look.
The 98 metres Champagne Bar at St Pancras serves an extensive bottle selection, including 9 available by the glass, making it the natural choice for a Champagne School.
Guests can take masterclasses to learn all about Champagne and English sparkling wines, either at ticketed events, as part of a private party accompanied by a meal, or as a one-of-a-kind celebration at the new Tasting Room or Kitchen Bar.
Every first Wednesday of the month, the Champagne School will host masterclasses for £45 per person led by Searcys’ Drinks Ambassador, Joel Claustre. The classes will take guests through the world of Champagne with the chance to taste each on offer alongside expertly paired sharing plates.
Guests are also able to book their own private classes for groups that can include:
- Exclusive Masterclasses (£65 per person for groups of 6 or more), a two-hour session that will include Champagne and food pairing to appeal to all kinds of wine lovers, from beginners to connoisseurs.
- Champagne pre-dinner experiences (£25 per person for groups of 8 or more) which would be a short and informative introduction to Champagne.
- A full five-course menu matching English sparkling wines and champagnes (£120 per person, to be booked in advance).
There’s also a newly added Kitchen Bar filled with high tables and chairs for all-day working, breakfast meetings and informal business lunches.
Breakfast highlights include Rainy Lane yoghurt, spiced Williams pear, pomegranate and granola, and John Ross Jr smoked salmon with avocado and lemon. For main courses at lunch or dinner, expect hearty dishes such as Creedy Carver chicken pie and 45-day house-aged Lake District Rib of beef on the bone.
A curated cocktail list features 10 contemporary twists on 1920s cocktails, named after trains which used to depart from St Pancras and King’s Cross such as the Ã¢â‚¬Å“West Riding RumÃ¢â‚¬Â, a punchy nod to the West Riding train which chugged into King’s Cross from Leeds, and the Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Heady HighlandmanÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ a taste of Scotland’s whisky to celebrate the Highlandman train journey from Fort William.
- Click here for a full calendar of events from April to December
- Create your own Champagne Master Class theme with Searcys, enquiries on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special 2 course breakfast menu available at the Kitchen Bar – £22 per person with unlimited coffee, minimum of 4 guests