Oval Space has partnered with The Whisky Lounge to bring the third annual London Whisky Weekender from 1st Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 3rd April 2016. From £30, guests can discover a world of international whiskies from American bourbons through to Japanese, Irish, Scotch and more.
This year sees a particular emphasis on Old and Rare World Whiskies, along with a programme of unique’blendathon’ workshops, tastings, guest appearances from distillers, whisky cocktails, street food and music all weekend.
With four sessions to choose from over the weekend, guests will be able to explore Oval Space and discover the best the whisky world has to offer.
With drams from all of the exhibitors included in the ticket price there will be no excuse to leave not knowing your Speyside from your Islay.
In the main Oval Space area legends of the whisky world such as Chivas Brothers, Talisker and Johnnie Walker will be on hand with brand ambassadors and distillers keen to share their knowledge and expertise.
Alongside the well-known names there will be a host of craft and small-batch distillers including FEW Spirits, the New York Distilling Company and That Boutique- y Whisky Company.
Those looking to discover something a little different will be able to sample whiskies from across the globe, including Wales, India and Japan. Legends of the whisky world will guest host tastings that explore the diversity of whiskies from different regions – a headline tasting of the festival will pitch the oldest Japanese whisky against the oldest Scottish whisky in a Whisky Weekender first.
As part of The Whisky Lounge’s mission to turn everyone on to Whisky, The Whisky Weekender will be attempting to break a Guinness World Record by creating the most whisky blends in a single day. A’Blendathon’ will provide all visitors with the opportunity to create their very own blended whisky in fun and interactive sessions. Usually the preserve of whisky experts, industry insiders and Master Blenders, it’s the first time this activity will have been attempted on this scale in the UK.
There will be a roster of tasty street food offerings and local organic suppliers, whilst a soundtrack of rock and blues will set the tone for a whisky fuelled weekend. With a relaxed and inclusive atmosphere, Whisky Weekender provides something for everyone, including whisky fanatics and novices alike.
#WhiskyWeekender | @TheWhiskyLounge | @OvalSpace
- Tickets per session cost £30 on a first release basis and £35 thereafter
- Available from: https://www.thewhiskylounge.com/event/london-whisky-weekender- 2016/
- Secret Masterclasses will run on Friday 1st April from 1-5pm, ahead of the scheduled sessions for that day
- Tickets are available for the following four sessions:
- The Whiskey Weekender First Session: Friday 1st April, 6-10pm (tickets available from 11/03/16)
- The Whiskey Weekender Second Session: Saturday 2nd April, 12-4pm
- The Whiskey Weekender Third Session: Saturday 2nd April, 5-9pm
- The Whiskey Weekender Fourth Session Jam and a Dram: Sunday 3rd April, 12pm-4pm
- Ticket price includes:
- Entry to chosen session
- Glencairn tasting glass
- A bottle of water (for obvious purposes)
- The Festival Guide
- All whiskies sampled in the main hall (not included’under the counter’ drams)
- The following exhibitors are confirmed, with more to follow: Amrut, Kavalan, Nikka, Elements of Islay, Balcones, Jonny Walker, Talisker, Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Douglas Laing, El Dorado Rum, Macallan, Highland Park, Greenore, Kilbeggan, Bowmore, Glen Garioch, Auchentoshan, Yamasaki, Hakushu, Hibiki, Few, Bathtub Gin, New York Distilling Company, Smooth Ambler Bourbon, That Boutique-y Whisky Company, Penderyn, Wemyss, Compass Box, Speyside Distillers, Chivas Brothers, Glenlivet, Jamesons, Aberlour, Longmorn Jura, Dalmore