For food lovers and lovers of all things daringly delicious, COUNTER’s Head Chef Mahrez Loukal will be cooking up a delicious valentines treat south of the river on Tuesday 14 February with a fabulously tasty 3 course set menu for £45 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ plus a complimentary glass of Rossini to sip on. And for those looking for added intimacy, COUNTER’s cosy booths are just the place for dangerous liaisons.
- Lobster veloute, armagnac chantilly
- Hand-dived scallop carpaccio, celeriac puree, kalamata olive powder
- Crispy confit of Duck on Toast, with cherry tomato, pears & date molasses
- Grilled gambas shrimp, dandelion, sundried tomato, chorizo olive oil
- ½ Doz of Oysters (Fine de Claire), Chardonnay Red wine shallot vinaigrette & Poilane sourdough
- Honey glazed Gressingham duck breast, wilted spinach, orange blossom
- Roast whole lemon sole, wild broccoli, cauliflower & herb gratin
- Grilled filet steak, toasted chanterelle & red wine sauce, chips
- Lobster & crayfish, roast pepper and baby fennel cassoulet
- Risotto with wild mushrooms, herbs & truffle oil
- Chocolate fondant with vanilla ice cream
- Raspberry cheesecake
- Lavender & rose panna cotta
- Selection of fine English & French cheeses
Since opening in February 2014, COUNTER has established a following in Vauxhall. Likened to London’s own version of Hell’s Kitchen or the infamous Meatpacking district, the regeneration of the diverse area continues at break-neck speed ahead of the US Embassy completion towards the middle of this year.
Fresh from five years in Paris at La Rotonde de la Vilette, La Belleviloise and opening La Petite Halle, Head Chef Mahrez Loukal brings a wealth of experience
from his French influence and Turkish roots. His London backstory includes leading brigades as Head Chef at Quaglino’s, Chez Bruce and Del Aziz, indisputable institutions within the city’s food scene.
Monday Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Thursday: 7am Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 12:30am
Friday: 7am Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 1:30am
Saturday: 9am Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 1:30am
Sunday: 9am Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 12:30am