Father Christmas is not the only one who enjoys a dram of scotch over the festive season. R&B Distillers have launched two distinct and characterful new whiskies in time for Christmas, perfect for a post carol singing tipple, a warming glug by the fireside in the Christmas afternoon lull and as the star ingredient in cocktails to toast in the new year.
The’While We Wait’ single maltwhisky has a peaty aroma and a lightly fruity flavour with notes of winter berries and a beautiful heather hue. The drinker is transported to the fireside with a single swig. It provides a good accompaniment to game dishes and alongside the Boxing Day cheese board. The smokiness of this whisky also adds greater depth to a home made Ã¢â‚¬ËœOld Fashioned’ cocktail.
Meanwhile, the Ã¢â‚¬ËœBorders’ single grain whisky possesses the soft touch of warming winter spices, toasted sugar-coated nuts and vanilla and adds a certain sweetness to a classic ‘Whisky Smash’. This delightful tipple works well with rich, dark chocolates and the kind of indulgent desserts that are only excusable at this time of year.
These new whiskies could also provide a special gift for that difficult uncle, the friend who already has everything or the dreaded *cough* much-loved in-laws.
While We Wait, priced at £56.85 and Borders priced at £49.98 are available to buy directly from the R&B Distillers website
Order direct online by 20th December for Christmas delivery.
T: 0131 564 0761 E: email@example.com
- Master of Malt
- Whiski Rooms (Edinburgh shop)
- Oban Whisky & Fine Wines (Oban)
- JL Gill (Crieff)
- Royal Mile Whiskies (Edinburgh & online)
- Raasay Community Store (Raasay)
- Jeffrey Street Whisky & Tobacco (Edinburgh)
- The Whisky Shop (Dufftown)
- Mainstreet Trading Co. (St Boswells, Scottish Borders)
- Oblo Bar (Eyemouth, Scottish Borders)
- Whiski Rooms (Edinburgh bar)
- Teuchters Landing (Edinburgh Leith)
- Teuchters West End (Edinburgh West End)
- Drysbrugh Abbey Hotel (Drysbrugh)
- Raasay House Hotel (Raasay)
- Sconser Lodge (Skye)