Who doesn’t love a banging good banger? But why settle for plain old pork? The UK’s banger makers are an inventive crowd so why not order up some of these sizzling beauties to ring the changes?
The list is made up from winners of the Q Guild Butcher‘s annual Smithfield Awards 2017.
All the sausages in the list are gold winners Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the highest accolade in the craft butcher competition.
The bangers were judged in a blind taste test to find the best of British butchers’ produce.
- Pork, Plum and Mulled Wine Sausage from Williams and Son Butchers, Cornwall
- Marmite Sandwich Sausage from Halls of Hazlemere, Hazlemere
- Chicken & Apple Sausage from Lidgate Butchers, London
- Oriental Duck Sausage from Owtons Butchers, Southampton
- Pork & Marmite Sausage from Tilehurst Village Butchers, Reading
- Pork, Cranberry and Orange Sausage from Williams and Son Butchers, Cornwall
- Pork, Orange and Chocolate Sausage from Aubrey Allen, Leamington Spa
- Breakfast Marmalade Beef Sausage from John Lawson, Uphall
- Pork & Mango Sausage from Turnbulls of Alnwick, Alnwick
- Curried Lamb Sausage from Owtons at Country Market, Bordon