This classic dish combines fresh and colourful vegetables, a creamy filling and a delicious sauce that makes for a splendid supper to enjoy outside on a warm summer evening from www.wecareyouenjoy.eu
Serves 4 – 6
Level of difficulty: Easy
Preparation time: 35 to 40 minutes
Butter for greasing
1 sheet of puff pastry
1-2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 onion, peeled and sliced into rings
2 peppers, de-seeded and cut into small cubes
1 head of broccoli, divided into small florets
1 large tomato, cut into quarters, remove seeds and dice the flesh or 7 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
300g of single cream
3 medium eggs, beaten5 tablespoons grated Manchego cheese
For the sauce:
2 garlic cloves
50g pine nuts
200g of basil
150g grated Manchego cheese
200ml of olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Green salad to serve
- Lightly grease a 16cm springform flan tin and line with the pastry.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic, onions, peppers and broccoli and cook for 3 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 4 minutes or until they are just starting to soften. Transfer the cooked vegetables to a bowl and allow to cool
- Add the tomatoes, cream and eggs and mix all together. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then spread the mixture over the pastry.
- Sprinkle with Manchego cheese and place the tart in the oven at 195Ã‹Å¡C for 25-30 minutes.
- To make the sauce, lightly toast the pine nuts in a pan and then place in a food processor with the garlic, basil and Manchego cheese. Continue to blend whilst slowly adding the olive oil until smooth. Place the sauce in a small bowl to serve with the tart.