No longer seen only as just a close relative of the waccy baccy, hemp has become hip for all kinds of reasons.Hempseed is one of nature’s genuine superfoods that provides pure, plant protein and Omega 3 and 6 in the ideal 3:1 ratio. These nutritional benefits address the downfalls of the 21st Century diet which is commonly short on protein, lacking in Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) and low in fibre.
Hempseeds comprise 37% complete high-quality protein, all eight essential amino acids, 10% ‘good’ fats (EFAs), 43% fibre plus chlorophyll, vitamin E, magnesium and iron. Ideal in theory, it’s also ideal in practice as these nutrients are readily taken up by the body when consumed in this perfect food form. Even better, hempseed and hemp food products have a delicious nutty flavour – not many things this good for you are so enjoyable to eat!
Who Should Try Hemp?
Hempseeds and shakes can be enjoyed by people of all ages but in particular:
• Vegetarians and vegans seeking the highest-quality plant protein
• Athletes seeking pure protein to support their sport
• Elderly people with reduced appetite who need nutritious but small meals
• People convalescing who need to eat a little and often to regain their strength
Three Ways to enjoy Nutiva Hemp
Nutiva Shelled Hempseeds (Certified Organic)
• Pure, raw hempseeds, shelled and ready to use
o They are cold-processed and the oxygen is removed to protect the delicate Omega 3 fatty acids
• Delicious nutty flavour – taste like pine nuts
• One tablespoon provides 5gr Omega 6LA, 2gr Omega 3ALA, 0.4gr Super Omega 6 GLA and 0.2g Super Omega 3 SDA
• Ideal to sprinkle on salads, into cereal, scatter on yogurt, bake in bread, muffins and biscuits – or enjoy straight from the pack!
• Available in 8oz pouch (£7.85)
Nutiva 100% Raw Organic Hemp Protein Powder
• Raw hempseeds are ground to a fat-free powder that provides a quick protein punch: 37% protein, 43% fibre, 9% EFAs, 0% net carbs, 0% fat
• Protein is isolated from the seed so this is pure protein and fat free
• Two scoops = 11g protein, 3g fibre, 120 calories
• No flavours of sweeteners added – making this a versatile powder for a sweet or savoury snack
• Ideal to scoop into a smoothie, mix into juice, milk or yogurt or stir into cereal.
• Available in 16oz tubs at £16.55 per tub.
And if you like your shakes full of flavour, ready to shake and drink try:
• Raw hempseeds are ground to a highly nutritious powder and combined with other nourishing superfoods such as blueberries, pomegranates, acai and goji berries, maca root and ramon nuts
• Certified organic and Fair Trade to help protect the area of the Amazon rain forest and Maya reserve from where selected ingredients are sourced
• Three flavours: Chocolate, Amazon Acai and Berry Pomegranate
• Ideal to shake up with water to a smooth, tasty shake: a meal in one glass – comprising protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals, EFAs and amino acids in an easily-digested drink.
• Available in 16oz tubs at £21.95 or in 1.1oz sachets at £2.15 per sachet.
How to buy
Nutiva Hempseeds, Hemp Protein Powder and Hemp Shakes are readily available at good health food stores, online and at www.revital.com and by calling 0870 4583112.