If you’re looking to cut down on your meat and have a responsible and satisfying alternative that isn’t all hair shirt and boring, Heuras has what you’re looking for with their 100% plant based chicken.
Read more about Heura, here.
- 90 g Heura® Original Chunks
- 1 courgette, cut into rounds
- 150ml tomato sauce
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 60 g vegan cheese
- 10 black olives, thinly sliced
- 20 g fresh oregano
- 1 chilli pepper, chopped
- Chilli oil (to taste)
Prepare the dough:
- Put the flour in a large bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Make a hole in the center; add water and olive oil.
- Knead the mixture until you get an even ball of dough (you will notice it no longer sticks to your hands).
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Divide the resulting dough into two parts. If you prefer smaller pizzas, you can divide it into four.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface to prevent the dough from sticking. Place a piece of the dough on top and flatten with a rolling pin until thin (or thicker, if you prefer) and even.
- Place the dough on a tray lined with baking paper.
Prepare the pizza:
- Fry the Heura® chunks for 5 minutes until brown and set aside.
- Spread tomato sauce on the dough as a base and then add vegetables and other toppings.
- Add some vegan cheese and fresh oregano.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC and bake the pizza for about 8 to12 minutes. When there are 1-2 minutes left, open the oven and add the Heura® chunks on top.
- If you like spice, add a splash of chilli oil and some chopped chilli peppers.
Brown Rice Paella
- 180g Heura® Original Chunks
- 400g brown rice
- 60g green beans
- 1 red pepper
- 80g mushrooms
- 2 leaves of chard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Wash the brown rice with plenty of water.
- Mince the garlic and slowly brown it in a paella pan or frying pan with olive oil.
- When the garlic is golden brown, add the finely chopped onion, sliced chard, green beans, red pepper and mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Add the rice and mix well. Then pour in the vegetable stock. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit more stock or water.
- Let it simmer until the liquid evaporates. Reduce the heat to a minimum, cover and let cook for about 15 minutes, until the rice absorbs all the water.
- While the rice is cooking, put the Heura® chunks in a skillet with a splash of very hot olive oil and brown for 5 minutes.
- Once the rice is ready, turn off the heat and add the Heura® chunks to the paella.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprig of rosemary.
Kale & ‘Chicken’ Pasta
- 180g Heura® Mediterranean Chunks
- 100g kale
- 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove of garlic
- 400g pasta
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook the pasta and set aside for later.
- Chop the kale and garlic.
- Pour a splash of olive oil and half of the garlic in a pan and brown the Heura® chunks for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside on a separate plate.
- Heat some more oil in the pan, then add the kale and the rest of the garlic. Mix well and keep stirring so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- When the kale is golden brown, lower the heat and add the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Add the Heura® chunks back in to heat them up.
- Finally, combine the pasta with the veggies and Heura® mix.
- As a final touch, add sesame seeds on top.
Recipe created by Heura®. More information and recipes can be found at www.heurafoods.com.
Instagram: @heurafoods or @heurafoods.eng