Ã¢â‚¬Å“This recipe features a re-imagination of the standard cheeseburger topped with roasted tomato and feta spread on a savoury brioche bun. The fiery TABASCO® Sauce creates maximum flavour and brings out the great taste of this innovative burger meat. It will make your guests think you’re a culinary genius to be celebrated until the end of days.Ã¢â‚¬Â
– Chef Brad McDonald, Shotgun, London.Make the recipe or try it ready made
Serves: 4 burgers
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
30ml TABASCO® Sauce (or TABASCO® Habanero Sauce for more heat)
700g goat meat, preferably shoulder, minced
100g smoked streaky bacon, chopped finely or minced
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 tsp ground cumin
4 tsp ground coriander
3 tsp salt
4 sesame burger buns
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 Cos lettuce, torn
2 beefsteak tomatoes (or large tomatoes as an alternative)
olive oil, sugar, garlic and thyme to taste
Feta Cheese Spread:
5ml TABASCO® Sauce (or TABASCO® Habanero Sauce for more heat)
200g feta cheese
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp water
- Slice the beefsteak tomatoes in half horizontally and season with olive oil, salt, sugar, garlic, and thyme.
- Lay the tomatoes on a roasting tray and slowly roast at 135°C until their colours deepen and they have lost the majority of their moisture.
- For the feta cheese spread, combine the ingredients in a food processor and blend into a smooth paste (if a food processor is not available, simply crumble the feta onto your bun). Transfer to a bowl.
- Make the burgers by combining the goat meat, bacon, garlic, TABASCO® Sauce (or TABASCO® Habanero Sauce for more heat), cumin, coriander and salt into a large mixing bowl. With clean hands, mix everything together. Divide into 4 equal sized pieces and flatten in the palm of your hand to make round burgers.
- Grill each burger for 3-4 minutes on each side, or according to taste. When cooked, transfer to a plate and allow to rest while you toast the buns.
- Build your burger: Spread a generous dollop of the feta cheese mixture onto the bottom half of each bun. Place your burger on top and dress with the tomato and red onion. Finish the burger off with torn lettuce and the top half of the bun.