Speciality cheese brand Castello has partnered with foodie adventurer and’gastronaut’ Stefan Gates to create a delicious and seasonal treat this Halloween. This delightfully festive roast mini pumpkin is perfectly matched with mulled hot cider, paired by drinks expert Matt Day.
Stefan Gates said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“The saltiness of the Castello Tickler Cheddar perfectly complements the sweet potatoes and the piÃƒÂ¨ce de resistance is its presentation in a mini pumpkin which is very visually impactful.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Roast Mini pumpkins with sweet potato, Tickler cheddar and chives
- 1 small, orange fleshed pumpkin
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes2
- 200g Castello Tickler Cheddar
- 2 cloves garlicHandful of chives
- Caramelised onions
- Carefully slice the top off a small pumpkin and scoop out the stringy bits along with the seeds, leaving the flesh.
- Season the inside and add a good splash of olive oil.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for around an hour·
- Meanwhile, make your sweet potato mash.
- Gently fry some garlic in a large saucepan with a little olive oil.
- Peel and cut around three sweet potatoes and add to the pan, then add boiling water and simmer until soft. Drain·
- Grate around 200g of Castello Tickler Cheddar & mash into the sweet potatoes until smooth·
- Season and add some chopped chives then spoon into your pumpkin, finishing with a few shavings of cheddar and some scattered caramelised onions and chives
Bring out the flavours of this Halloween recipe with Matt Day’s drink of choice:Hot mulled cider with slices of orange, cinnamon stick and fresh thyme