Pink Moscato Christmas Trifle
If you fancy something a little pinker this Christmas, Barefoot Wine has the answer: a trifle made with their fruity Pink Moscato.
Blend jelly, sponge, whipped cream and strawberries with the mandarin orange and sweet jasmine of the Moscato for a simple and satisfying end to Christmas dinner.
To make the Barefoot Pink Moscato Trifle, follow the recipe below:
You will need:
300g Madeira or sponge cake, halved and cut into thick slices
300g fresh strawberries, frozen are fine but defrost thoroughly
1 pack of strawberry jelly
1 cup of Barefoot Pink Moscato
500ml ready-made, thick custard
500ml double or whipping cream, softly whipped
Handful, toasted, flaked almonds
- The trifle can be made in one large glass dish or in individual glasses
- Line the bottom of the dish or glasses with the cake slices.
- Pour over the Barefoot Pink Moscato
- Make the jelly as per packet instructions and pour liquid add to dish/glasses and leave in fridge to set
- Top with sliced strawberries
- Spoon over the custard, in a thick layer.
- Finish with a thick layer of whipped cream
- Decorate with strawberry slices and a few toasted, flaked, almonds.