Dude food has never been so cheese-y. Hix Restaurants’ chef Ronnie Murray serves these sliders on brioche buns along with more trimmings than the turkey.
Sliders with Castello Danish Blue
- 110g rib steak mince (approx. 8g per burger)
- 12 mini brioche buns
- 12 small slices Castello Danish Blue
- 12 slices gherkins
- 6 tsp red onion jam
- 12 slices cherry plum tomatoes
- BBQ sauce
- Put the rib steak mince in a bowl and season. Mix well by hand, to bind the mixture.
- Separate the meat mixture into 12 even balls (about 1.5 inches in diameter) and flatten slightly into burger patties.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan until smoking hot, and carefully place the burgers in one by one. Cook for 1 minute on each side for a pink burger or 2 minutes on each side for well-done.
- In the final minute, place a slice of blue cheese on top of each of the burgers, and leave to melt.
- Assemble the burgers in the brioche buns, starting with the red onion jam, followed by the cheese-topped burger patty, a slice of tomato and gherkin.
- Finish off with a dollop of BBQ sauce and serve with plenty of napkins!