Simplicity is key with Goldfish Brand. It all starts with a classic roux and a selection of carefully chosen spices Ã¢â‚¬â€œ including warming cumin, aromatic star anise, fiery chilli and bright turmeric Ã¢â‚¬â€œ which are combined to create a paste. Just add water to create a smooth and velvety sauce.
90g Goldfish Brand Madras Curry Sauce
1 white onion
Medium-size bunch of flat leaf parsley
Medium-size bunch of coriander
4 hard boiled free-range eggs, peeled
1 tbsp. ghee
300g basmati white rice
300g smoked haddock
1 bay leaf
150g thick Greek yoghurt
- Begin by finely chopping the onion, parsley, coriander stalks and leaves, then cutting the eggs into quarters.
- Add the ghee and onion to a medium-sized saucepan with a lid and sautÃƒÂ© over a medium heat until golden. Add the rice and cook for one minute.
- In a bowl mix the 700ml boiling water with 60g of Goldfish Brand Madras Curry Sauce. Once all dissolved, add to the saucepan with the rice and onion and bring to the boil. Once boiled, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the fish and bay leaf in a shallow pan and pour over enough water to just cover the fish. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Then, flake the fish into inch-long pieces.
- Loosen the remaining 30g of Goldfish Brand Madras Curry Sauce with 2 tbsp. hot water in a bowl, and mix with the yoghurt and the juice of half the lemon to create a spicy yoghurt dip.
- Add the herbs and flaked fish to the rice, then gently fold together. Spoon the rice onto plates, and top each plate with the hard boiled eggs, a dollop with the madras yoghurt and a squeeze of the remaining lemon.