The other day we home cooked an ArrosQD paella using ingredients sent to us. Crucial was the fantastic fish stock used and we’re lucky enough to have been shared the recipe by the restaurant.
SEAFOOD STOCK RECIPE
2kg Mixture of the ingredients below:
Shellfish (either; crabs, prawns, mantis prawns, or king crab)
Molluscs (either; mussels, clams or oysters)
Fish (either; monkfish, rockfish or herring)
300g Grated vine tomatoes
4 litres of water, preferably bottled or filtered
4 cloves purple garlic
200ml Olive oil
5g Smoked paprika
• Set your hob on medium. Pour the oil in a large pot and let it heat up.
• Sweat down the onion, garlic and leeks. Once the vegetables are goldenbrown,
add the seafood to the pot and cook for about 20 minutes.
• Add the grated tomato and loosen anything catching on the bottom of
the pot. Add the paprika and the saffron.
• Pour in the water and boil for 8 minutes.
After the 8 minutes, lower the heat and simmer for another 45 minutes.
Empty the contents into a strainer taking care to strain the liquid only.
• Pour the strained stock back into the pot, and discard the remnants left
in the strainer.
• Simmer for an extra 15 minutes and season with salt to your taste.