The Mayfair restaurant institution in London will be dropping the price of the dishes on the special menu to their original price from when El Pirata first opened 25 years ago in June 1994.
Highlights from the menu include: calamares con arroz negro Ã¢â‚¬â€œ black rice and squid £5.95; gambas pil pil – prawns in olive oil, garlic & dried hot chilli peppers £4.75; and montaditos de jamon serrano – toasted bread with olive oil and fresh tomatoes topped with cured ham £3.95.
El Pirata has not fallen to fads and has stuck to its roots with traditional Spanish fare and wine served with a smile in an informal restaurant that feels more like Madrid than Mayfair.
Having consistently pleased customers and critics since 1994 El Pirata will have served over 6,000,000 tapas dishes by the time they celebrate their 25th birthday in June.
Back to ’94 Menu
· Ensalada de tres colores – avocado, tomato & mozzarella salad £3.95
· Tortilla – Spanish omelette with potatoes & onion £3.50
· Berenjena jardinera – aubergine stuffed with vegetables & topped with cheese £4.50
· Patatas bravas – deep-fried potatoes in a chilli & garlic sauce £2.75
· Pescaito frito – marinated deep-fried fish £3.75
· Calamares con arroz negro Ã¢â‚¬â€œ black rice and squid £5.95
· Gambas Pil Pil – prawns in olive oil, garlic & dried hot chilli peppers £4.75
· Vuelta de carne – pan fried medallions of steak in garlic, red peppers, white wine & parsley £4.50
· Alas de pollo con salsa picante – chicken wings in a spicy sauce £3.45
· Chorizo al vino – Spanish sausage in a red wine sauce £3.90
· Arroz con pollo – Spanish rice with chicken £3.95
· Montaditos de jamon serrano – toasted bread with olive oil and
· fresh tomatoes topped with cured ham £3.95
· Muga blanco Rioja (Viura and Malvasia) £3.95 (125ml glass)
· AÃƒÂ±ares crianza Rioja (Blend) £3.95 (125ml glass)
Address: 5-6 Down Street, Mayfair, W1J 7AQ
Telephone Number: 020 7491 3810
Opening Hours: Monday Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Friday – 12:00pm Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 11:30pm
Saturday – 6:00pm -11:30pm
Sunday – Closed